Monday, September 1, 2008

Lens



So I recently learned that the Egyptians created were the first to create lenses by filling glasses with water. I'm not sure I learned what they used them for... but they did it. And now, so did I.

I've been contemplating how to do this lens photo for a while and have been trying it out every so often. I've got a lot of failed glasses shots on my memory card right now. But this one worked out because I discovered that I can't take a picture of myself through it and expect a funny image, I have to be able to see the camera through the glass.

I did it in color because in B and W it just seemed to not have enough umph. Whereas B and W looks good, it doesn't necessarily look human, I wanted to keep the skintone to push the human element while the form changed.

No comments: