Monday, January 28, 2008

Mother and Son

01.28.2008 Mother and Son


There's plenty to write about today, but little time. I've been called in to Sub for my mother and cover her class while she deals with sickness. This will be my first day substitute teaching and I'm quite nervous, but confident. The past hour or so has been a crash course in teaching and this picture, taken in the midst of it all, reflects that.

My initial reaction once I saw it cropped and in gray scale was "Whoa." There's a ton of nice gradients here and the shadows at both of our backs just give everything a moody feeling. I love the vertical stripes on the wall, its the first time in years that I've appreciated them. I really want to use them in the future of Twenty Three.

Anyway, enjoy the photo, I've got work to prepare.

No comments: