Thursday, May 8, 2008

Couple Under the Overcast

Couple Under the Overcast


So the inspiration for this comes form a number of places. First off, I was searching through some photography for inspiration and came across the works of Hiroshi Sugimoto.

http://www.sugimotohiroshi.com/seascape.html

His depictions of the sea motivated me to go out to my beach and see what I could find. Julia is also with me, so that was the other half of my inspiration. Too many pictures of me are single figured and I was glad to change it up a bit. Personally I like the composition quite a bit. I'm striving to keep composition at the forefront of my mind when I take the pictures, as opposed to cropping them later on. This picture is the composition is as it was when I took it, which makes me believe that I'm improving.

No comments: