Monday, May 19, 2008

Flower Power?

Flower Power?



So I'm not sure what this photo means, but I knew that it made sense in terms of visualization. I've had this idea brewing for a few days now, but I never had the heart to cut the flower from one of the real plants in the vase so instead I used a fake one. I figured flowers were radially symmetrical so it was logical to use the symmetrical cabinet as the ultimate background, which would play off my own symmetry being between the two. I desaturated everything but the flower because it seemed as if everything was drawn to the flower's radial symmetry, why not encourage it a little?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like this picture. The muted background really makes the flower stand out...and your expressions is priceless. The flower from the mouth thing...reminds me of American Beauty.