Sunday, May 18, 2008

Silhouette

Silhouette



THe sunset tonight was really quite cool. For a bit, the sun rays were shooting over Huron, Ohio and reflecting on the low lying clouds. Against the dark sky it created a fantastic show of orange and dark blue. Unfortunately, I was out getting ice cream for Julia and my brothers nad had to rush on back home. Never the less it inspired me to go out for today's picture.

I spent some time out at the beach to the west of my house and snapped the photos. In the distance you can see a couple who were enjoying the same sunset. The lake photographed quite nice as well. The waves closest to me seem to have a smooth roll to them and after getting the self-portrait I spent some time messing around with shutter speeds and the waves. Quite a few neat pictures came of it but nothing too extraordinary.

My ability with a camera, I think, is improving. A lot of my excursions outdoors for my self portrait have provided me with a few opportunities to experiment with photography and the camera. I believe my ability is benefiting from all this practice.

No comments: