Saturday, April 5, 2008

Dark Corridor

04.05.2008 Dark Corridor



Best when clicked and viewed.

I found an interesting opportunity when I went to my families hotel to snap some room pictures for the hotel's website. As soon as I reached the top of the steps and noticed that the hallway was dark and the only lights available were that at the door and one random light on the side i knew what need be done. It was a perfect opportunity to snap a creepy photo for today's self-portrait.

Basically I metered off the wall to the immediate left. I found when I metered off the hallway itself, I got overly bright photos; as if I could see the whole hallway in daylight. So I snapped a few photos of myself at carious places in the hallway. I also burned the exit sign completely out of the picture. It seemed out of place in the black and white photo and unnecessary. In the color photo, the case is a little different. Everything has a little red tone to it, but the coolness of the window and hall light off set it and it looked too clashy for what I was going for.

No comments: